COUNTY OF PLACER
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Jack Duran, District 1 David Boesch, County Executive
Robert Weygandt, District 2, Vice Chairman Holly Heinzen, Chief Assistant County Executive Officer
Jim Holmes, District 3 Gerald O. Carden, County Counsel
Kirk Uhler, District 4, Chairman Sharlet Pyne, Clerk of the Board
Jennifer Montgomery, District 5
related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after distribution of
the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the Clerk of the Board
of Supervisors Office,
North Tahoe Event Center
8318 North Lake Boulevard
Kings Beach, CA 96143
FLAG SALUTE – Led by Supervisor Holmes
STATEMENT OF MEETING PROCEDURES - Read by Board Clerk.
CONSENT AGENDA - All items on the Consent Agenda have been recommended for approval by the County Executive Department. All items will be approved by a single roll call vote. Anyone may ask to address Consent items prior to the Board taking action, and the item may be moved for discussion.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Persons may address the Board on items not on this agenda. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per person since the time allocated for Public Comment is 15 minutes. If all comments cannot be heard within the 15-minute time limit, the Public Comment period will be taken up at the end of the regular session. The Board is not permitted to take any action on items addressed under Public Comment.
SUPERVISOR’S COMMITTEE REPORTS:
1. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Approve and present a Proclamation designating October 18, 2015 as the 20th Annual Truckee River Day in Placer County.
2. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Approve and present a Proclamation designating October 2015 as National Arts and Humanities Month
3. COUNTY EXECUTIVE / ADMINISTRATION
1. Approve the 2015 North Lake Tahoe Tourism Master Plan.
4. COUNTY EXECUTIVE / ADMINISTRATION
1. Receive a presentation on the draft North Lake Tahoe Town Centers Economic Develop Incentive Program and Implementation Plan.
2. Provide input and direction to staff, including recommended program components and implementation priorities.
3. Accept the North Lake Tahoe Town Centers Economic Develop Incentive Program and Implementation Plan.
5. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES / PROCUREMENT
1. Approve the award of competitive bid No. 10478 for Snow Removal Services at various locations in the Placer County Tahoe Area with Sergi Enterprises, Sierra Tahoe Snow Removal and Sealing, Eastern Regional Landfill, Agate Snow Removal Services and Gensburg & Sons Inc. in the maximum three year aggregate amount of $717,862 for the period of October 20, 2015 through September 30, 2018;
2. Approve the option to renew the resulting blanket purchase orders for two additional one-year periods provided that the renewals do not exceed 10 percent in aggregate of the recommended award of $717,862.
6. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY / PLANNING SERVICES DIVISION
1. Tahoe Basin Area Plan Update – Status update. No Board action is requested.
1. Receive an update on various Tahoe Area Projects.
7. COUNTY EXECUTIVE / ADMINISTRATION
1. Receive a presentation by the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association on their Organizational Strategic Goals.
1. Receive a presentation by the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association on their Fall/Winter 2015-16 Seasonal Marketing Strategies.
1. Receive a presentation on status of and planned improvements to Placer County’s transportation systems in the North Lake Tahoe region.
8. PUBLIC WORKS
1. Adopt a Resolution to approve award and execute Contract No. 000925 with McGuire and Hester, of Oakland, CA for the construction of Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) Auburn Folsom Safety Improvement Project in the amount of $868,476.00, and authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities or, designee, to execute change orders up to 10 percent of the contract amount. Funding is provided by state and federal sources in the FY 2015-16 Final Budget.
1. Receive an update on the Kings Beach Commercial Core Improvement Project, including progress to date and remaining work to complete project.
9. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES / PROCUREMENT - In accordance with County Policy, non-contested competitively awarded bids under $400,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda.
1. Authorize rejection of all bids received for the Kings Beach Benefit Assessment District Maintenance Services Bid No. 10498.
1. Approve a Countywide Blanket Purchase Order with Fastenal Company of Winona, MN for various safety products and supplies using a competitively bid public agency agreement, in the maximum amount of $300,000 for the period of October 20, 2015 through February 28, 2017. Funding is provided by County departments in the FY 2015-16 Final Budget and will be included in respective department’s FY 2016-17 Requested Budgets.
1. Approve the renewal of competitively awarded blanket purchase orders with Hansen Bros. Enterprises of Grass Valley, CA, Robinson Sand and Gravel of Auburn, CA, Cinderlite Trucking Corp. of Carson City, NV, and Larry Newman Trucking of Lincoln, CA for the purchase of ice control sand and hauling services in the maximum aggregate amount of $270,400 for the period of October 20, 2015 through September 30, 2016. Funding is included in the Department of Public Works and Facilities FY 2015-16 Final Budget.
1. Approve the renewal of a negotiated blanket purchase order with Southwest Gas Corporation of Carson City, NV, for the purchase of compressed natural gas as a motor vehicle fuel in the maximum amount of $150,000, for the period of October 01, 2015 through September 30, 2016. Funding is included in the Department of Public Works and Facilities FY 2015-16 Final Budget.
1. Approve the renewal of a competitively awarded blanket purchase order with Auburn Ford of Auburn, CA for the purchase of minor patrol vehicle maintenance services on behalf of the Sheriff-Coroner-Marshal’s Office in the maximum amount of $75,000, for the period of October 01, 2015 through September 30, 2016. Funding is provided by the department’s FY 2015-16 Final Budget and will be included in their FY 2016-17 Requested Budget.
10. BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
1. Approve a Commendation honoring Mark Fowler as the recipient of Placer Land Trust’s 2015 Placer Conservator Award.
11. CLERK RECORDER / ELECTIONS
1. Adopt a Resolution appointing in lieu of election nominees to terms on the boards of directors of the McKinney Water District and the Camp Far West Irrigation District.
12. COMMITTEES & COMMISSIONS
1. Approve the reappointment of Bernard “Ben” Herb to Seat #3 (Representing District 3).
1. Approve the reappointments of Joe Olsen to Seat #1 (Represents P.A.G.E.S), Ramzi Mahmood to Seat #2 (Represents Academia), Rick Bluhm to Seat #3 (Represents PC Association of Realtors), Robin Mahoney to Seat #4 (Represents Facility Services), David Honeycutt to Seat #8 (Represents On Site Sewage Disposal Consult.), Dave Buck to Seat #13 (Represents Manufacturers’ Association).
13. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCE AGENCY / BUILDING SERVICES DIVISION
1. Introduce an Ordinance to amend Placer County Code Chapter 15, Article 15.04 to add Section 15.04.138, entitled “Expedited Permit Process for Small Residential Rooftop Solar Systems”.
2. Determine that the proposed Ordinance is exempt from environmental review under the California Environmental Quality Act Guidelines Section 15061(B)(3).
14. COUNTY EXECUTIVE / ADMINISTRATION
1. Adopt a Resolution to request that the 114th Congress reauthorize and fund the Federal Payment in Lieu of Taxes program.
1. The County Executive Officer recommends that the Board approve a 5% merit increase for:
a. EJ Ivaldi, Deputy Director Planning from Grade 467 Step 2 at $57.88 per hour to Grade 467 Step 3 at $60.76 per hour, effective September 19, 2015.
15. COUNTY EXECUTIVE / EMERGENCY SERVICES
1. Adopt a Resolution approving the Northstar Community Services District 2015-16 Capital Facilities and Mitigation Fee Expenditure Plan for Fire Service that contains a 2.8% fee increase.
16. PUBLIC WORKS
1. Adopt a Resolution to abandon an Offer of Dedication for the roads within the Cambridge Estates Subdivision in Loomis, California.
1. Adopt a Resolution to abandon a portion of Sequoia Avenue in the Sunnyside area of West Lake Tahoe.
1. Adopt a Resolution to abandon a portion of a Multipurpose Easement on Lot 264 in Alpine Meadows Estates Subdivision, Unit No. 8.
1. Adopt a Resolution increasing the Lake Forest Water Quality Improvement Project - Panorama Contract No. 1101 contingency in the amount of $35,000, for a total contingency of $456,000; and authorize the Director of Public Works and Facilities, or designee, to approve contract change orders in the increased amount to support additional project work.
17. REVENUE SHARING – In approving the following appropriations, the Placer County Board of Supervisors makes the finding that each and every approved contribution serves a public purpose by promoting the general welfare of the County and its inhabitants; therefore, the County benefits.
1. Approve appropriation of $1,000 in Revenue Sharing monies to the Lincoln Area Chamber of Commerce for the Annual Lincoln Showcase and the Chamber Oktoberfest Open as requested by Supervisor Weygandt ($1,000).
1. Approve an Agreement with Everbridge of Glendale, CA for Emergency Notification Services (ENS), in the amount of $171,160, for the period of September 24, 2015 to December 31, 2018, and authorize the Purchasing Manager to execute the agreement. First year funding is provided by Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Grant Program funds with no net County cost; second and third year funding anticipated to be provided by DHS.
1. Introduction of an un-codified Ordinance, waive the first reading, amending the un-codified Allocations of Positions within the Sheriff’s Office Tahoe Operations and Support Services classifications.
19. SUCCESSOR AGENCY
1. Approve the following recommended Disposition Processes for the three Successor Agency Properties in Kings Beach, California, known as Swiss Mart, Eastern Gateway, and Everett (Town Center South).
a. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Successor Agency Officer, or designee, to select a qualified broker and execute an exclusive brokerage agreement with said broker to act as the Successor Agency’s agent for the Swiss Mart property’s sale, based on Material Terms.
b. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Successor Agency Officer, or designee, to select a qualified broker and execute a real estate consulting services agreement with said broker to provide real estate consulting services for the disposition of Eastern Gateway and Everett (Town Center South) properties, based on Material Terms.
* * * End of Consent Agenda * * *
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ 2015 MEETING SCHEDULE:
November 03, 2015
November 17, 2015
December 08, 2015
Unless otherwise addressed by the Board’s action, or required by resolution, all contracts, agreements, or memorandum of understandings approved by the Board will be executed by the Chair. All contracts, agreements, and memorandum of understandings must be approved to form, where applicable, by County Counsel, Risk Management, and/or Personnel prior to execution by the Chair or delegated authority.
PROCUREMENT PURCHASING POLICY
In accordance with County Policy, non-contested competitively awarded bids under $400,000 are placed on the Consent Agenda. Unless otherwise addressed by the Board’s action, approval of Procurement items will authorize the Purchasing Manager to sign the resulting contracts. The County Purchasing Manual and Section 20142 of the Public Contract Code, in most situations, authorizes the Purchasing Manager to sign purchase orders, blanket purchase orders, contracts and subsequent change orders, options, or renewals up to 10 percent of an aggregate total contract cost, or $50,000, whichever is less.