Required Submittal Packets

Please follow this link for the required submittal packets to get your job started.

Access the Permit Portal 

Apply online for Building, TRPA Building, Planning, and Engineering permits through our permit portal at https://permits.placer.ca.gov/CitizenAccess

Before visiting the Permit Portal, you must:

  • Review the instructions for creating a Citizen Access account.
  • Review the application filing instructions that correspond to your submittal. Refer to the Building, Planning, and Engineering sections below. 

Online Building Permit Application Instructions

PLEASE NOTE: If your application and submittal package is deemed incomplete, it will be returned. Read More… 

For projects submitted to our Auburn office, please review the Auburn Quick Reference Guide.

For projects submitted to our Tahoe office, please review the Tahoe Quick Reference Guide.

Online Planning Application Instructions

Prior to starting an application for a Planning entitlement, please carefully review all information on the Planning Application Fees & Forms webpage.

Online Engineering & Surveying  Application Instructions

Prior to starting an application for a Grading Permit review the Grading Permit Application Filling Instructions on the Grading Permit webpage. Follow the instructions on the checklist carefully and prepare all necessary documents, including a project site plan.

Prior to starting an application for a Record of Survey review the Record of Survey Filing instructions Provide all necessary documents and information in the checklist.