Short-Term Vacation Rental Program
Placer County’s Short-Term Rental Program establishes rules for vacation rentals in unincorporated areas of eastern Placer County.
- Short-term rentals are residential units rented for 30 days or less, typically advertised as vacation rentals.
- Placer’s Short-Term Rental Ordinance (PDF) is intended to strike a balance of reducing neighborhood nuisances like noise and parking issues related to vacation rentals without undermining the market for this important guest accommodation.
- Per Tahoe Regional Planning Agency code, short-term vacation rentals cannot exceed four per parcel.
Please contact our 24/7 hotline at 530-448-8003 to report a violation. Be sure to include your name, phone number, address of the property you are reporting and a description of the violation occurring. Complaints can also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Placer Connect system using the following steps:
1. Go to Placer County Connect
2. Scroll to the middle of the page.
3. Click on “Code Compliance” -> “STR Complaint”
.*NOTE: All complaints are kept confidential. If you choose to submit an anonymous complaint it will not be addressed by Placer County staff.
BBQs and fire pits
Be courteous to your neighbors. Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. - 7 a.m.
Trash and Bear Safety
Safety Handouts to Post in STRs
- Good Neighbor Flyer
- Smoke Alarm Safety
- Carbon Monoxide Safety
- Portable Fireplace Safety
- Portable Heater Safety
- Grilling Safety Tips
The online registration platform is available for electronic submittals. County staff may be working from home during the outbreak and not be immediately available to answer any questions you may have. However, if you leave a message at the STR phone number 530-581-6234 or via email at email@example.com, staff will respond.