Placer Sierra Fire Safe Council
The vision of the Placer Sierra Fire Safe Council is that residents and property owners will plan and take steps so they and their families, and pets and livestock, will be safe during a wildfire, and all homes and businesses in the fire safe council area will be defensible.
The mission of the Placer Sierra Fire Safe Council is to:
- Educate the public about the risks and responsibilities associated with living in a Wildland Urban Interface Area (WUI), so they take effective action to reduce the risk of loss due to wildfire;
- Develop a Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP) for the areas covered by the council;
- Collaborate with government agencies (both local and state), private groups, businesses, and individuals to implement the CWPP;
- Promote fuel reduction programs and other fire safe projects, which provide a safer environment in the event of a wildfire;
- Actively participate with the Placer County Fire Safe Alliance and the California Fire Safe Council; and
- Actively encourage public participation.
The Placer Sierra Fire Safe Council meets at 6:00 pm on the 4th Thursday of each month, generally meeting at Colfax City Council Chambers. Because of Covid-19 restrictions, a Zoom link is provided to meet virtually.