Food at Community Events
A Community Event Permit helps to ensure that food at public events is safe to consume and is prepared under clean conditions. Examples of community events include:
- Agricultural festivals
- County and state fairs
- Craft fairs
- Non-profit fundraising events
- Other public events
If you are providing food and/or beverages at an event, click here to link to details for FOOD VENDORSFood Vendor Details.
If you are organizing an event, click here to link to details for EVENT COORDINATORSEvent Coordinator Details.
To use forms marked as "PDF-fillable form," open the form you need by clicking on the appropriate link, click on the download icon in the upper right, rename the form, and save it locally (i.e. to your desktop). Close your website browser, and then open the PDF you just saved in Adobe Acrobat Reader. Now you can type in the fields and sign electronically. Be sure to save your changes, and then attach your completed form in an email to us.
Examples of Community Events
- Auburn Art Walk
- Cruise Nite, Auburn
- Farmers' Markets, occur often in several Placer County cities and communities
- Fourth of July Community Celebrations
- Gold Country Fair, Auburn
- Mountain Mandarin Festival, Auburn
- Old Town Country Christmas, Auburn
- Party in the Park, Auburn
- Placer County Fair, Roseville
- Tahoe City Wine Walk
- Veterans Day Parades
- Wanderlust Festival, Squaw Valley
- What is a community event?
- What is an Event Organizer/Coordinator and when are they required?
- What are the responsibilities of the Event Organizer?
- Do food vendors need a permit to sell or give away food?
- Where may a food vendor setup to sell or give away food/drink?
- Is a food vendor considered a food facility?
- Why is a health permit required?
- My food is prepackaged. Do I still need a permit?
- I am only selling or giving away drinks. Do I still need a permit?
- Can I prepare food at my home for sale/distribution from a temporary food facility?
- Do I need a permit if I’m a non-profit organization?
- Do I need a permit to have a private party?
- Do church potlucks or private club dinners need a permit?
- How long is the permit valid?
- I already have a permit for my restaurant in Placer County. Does that permit me to participate in temporary events?
- Are other fee reductions available?
- When do I need to submit my application?
- Is there a printable version of this FAQ?