- Departments A - D
- District Attorney
- Units / Divisions
- Elder Abuse Prevention
Elder Abuse Prevention
The mission of the Placer County's District Attorney's office is to preserve public safety, enhance the quality of life in the county, prosecute criminals, assist victims and survivors, and protect the health and well being of all citizens. To carry out this mission the Placer County District Attorney's Office has established a team with trained staff dedicated to supporting elder victims and prosecuting criminals who take advantage of our elderly citizens.
Providing Resources & Outreach to Elderly Citizens Together (PROTECT)
To ensure the safety and protection of our elderly citizens the Placer County District Attorney’s office established Placer County PROTECT, a multi-disciplinary task force team dedicated to elder abuse investigations, victim support, and community awareness. The name PROTECT is not just the team’s mission statement, but an acronym for “Providing Resources and Outreach to Elderly Citizens Together.” This team is comprised of the District Attorney’s Office, Victim Services, Adult Protective Services, local law enforcement agencies, non-profit organizations, and community representatives.
In an effort to raise awareness Placer County PROTECT offers the following services:
- Elder Abuse Awareness Events: Each year PROTECT hosts an Elder Abuse Awareness event for our elderly citizens and their family members. Citizens are invited to learn about the services available to our seniors and listen to educational seminars.
- Elder Abuse Prevention Presentations: PROTECT offers Elder Abuse Prevention presentations to groups hoping to inform their members about the signs of elder abuse, fraud prevention and the services available to our seniors. If your group is interested in receiving our presentation, please call 916-645-7226 or email us.
- Email Alert System: If you want to stay updated on current scams, elder abuse prevention, or related events, join Placer County PROTECT’s email alert system to receive email updates. If you would like to receive these emails, please email the District Attorney's Office.
- Facebook Page: Follow and Like Placer County PROTECT’s Facebook page to receive all event updates and news releases.
- Fraud Hotline 916-645-SCAM (7226): Any seniors who may experience investment scams, sweepstakes calls, lottery schemes, or any other scam, are encouraged to call our hotline to avoid becoming victims of these scams. The Fraud Hotline Advocate can help the elder determine whether or not the phone call, letter or email is a scam, and help anyone who falls victim to a scam navigate the reporting process.