Surveying & Mapping
UPDATED COVID 19 RESTRICTIONS
The SURVEY RESEARCH ROOM is available by appointment only to licensed professionals and other public agencies at this time.
- Please call a Survey staff member directly, or our main number (530) 745-3110 in advance to schedule your visit. You will be met outside at the doors marked “EXIT #3” (2 doors left of the main entrance) and escorted into the building to the Research Room. You will also be provided a key for access to the restrooms located directly to the right as you exit the Research Room.
- Only schedule and attend your appointment if you are feeling well and not exhibiting any common Covid 19 symptoms.
- Arrive wearing a mask that covers your mouth & nose.
- Your mask should remain on throughout your visit. Hand sanitizer will be available for you to use upon entering the Research Room.
- When you are finished with your visit, you are asked to call a Survey staff member to return the Research Room key before you leave the building. Research Room surface cleaning between appointments will be performed by a staff member.
The Survey and Mapping team reviews Parcel Maps, Final Maps and Certificates of Correction for conformance with Government Code, County Code, compliance with the project’s conditions of approval and for accepted survey practice. Records of Survey and corner records are also reviewed for conformance with the Business and Professions Code and accepted survey practice.
All map submittals are reviewed to assure a complete submittal package before they are accepted for review. The Survey and Mapping team also reviews and approves Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) and Sewer Maintenance District annexation descriptions, maintains district boundary maps within the County’s Geographic Information System (GIS) and reviews legal descriptions for Minor Boundary Line Adjustments. The Engineering and Surveying Division also maintains a research facility that is open to engineers and surveyors (but not staffed by the Division).
Map Documents & Resources
Records of Survey (ROS)
Our eServices website allows surveyors to submit Records of Surveys for map checking to the County Surveyor’s Office online via the link below.