In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS)
The In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) program will help pay for services provided to you so that you can remain safely in your own home. To be eligible, you must be over 65 years of age, disabled, or blind. Disabled children are also potentially eligible for IHSS. IHSS is considered an alternative to out-of-home care, such as nursing homes or board and care facilities.
View the IHSS brochure (PDF) for more information. The types of services which can be authorized through IHSS include:
- Accompaniment to medical appointments
- Grocery shopping
- Meal preparation
- Personal care services (such as bowel and bladder care, bathing, grooming, and paramedical services)
- Protective supervision for the mentally impaired
To apply for In-Home Supportive Services, please complete the application (PDF) and first page of the Health Certification (PDF). Your Licensed Health Care Professional (LHCP) will need to complete the second page of the Health Certification. Fax them to 916-787-8922, ATTN: IHSS Intake and call the Placer County Adult Intake number at 916-787-8860 or toll free at 888-886-5401.
Become a Provider for a Family Member or Friend
There are 4 simple steps to become enrolled as a provider and paid by the IHSS program:
- Go to the Placer County Registration, Enrollment, Video and Appointment (REVA) website and create an account.
- Watch the enrollment videos at your convenience and schedule an appointment on-line.
- Show up to your appointment with a current, valid driver’s license (or another US government-issued photo ID) and your original Social Security Card. Your name on the photo ID and Social Security Card must match.
- Complete and pass a Department of Justice criminal background check and fingerprinting.
If you already have a client and are ready to continue to the Provider Enrollment page, review more provider information (PDF).
Report Public Assistance Fraud
To Report Public Assistance Fraud, including IHSS, please call 916-784-6180.