Online Crime Reporting
Welcome to the Placer County Sheriff’s Office’s Online Reporting System. If this is an emergency or a crime in progress, please do not file a report here- call 911 immediately. This system is not monitored 24/7. For reporting in-progress, but non-emergency calls, please call 530-886-5375.
Important - Please Read This First
Online reporting is only for the reporting of low-level property crime reports that happened within unincorporated areas of Placer County, the Town of Loomis, or the City of Colfax. This system is for use when there are no investigative leads, and the incident is primarily being reported for the information of the Sheriff’s Office and/or insurance purposes.
If you know or have an idea who committed the crime; or if you or someone else saw the person who committed the crime; or if you or someone else saw their vehicle or obtained a license plate number; or if there is video surveillance of the suspect available; please do not use this system, as it will add to unnecessary delays in a report being generated. Instead, call our dispatch at 530-886-5375.
When to Use
The online reporting system may be used in the following circumstances:
- This is not an emergency. (If it is, call 911.)
- This incident occurred within the unincorporated areas of Placer County, the Town of Loomis, or the City of Colfax. (If not, call the law enforcement agency with jurisdiction over the location of the crime.)
- You are not reporting a burglary (an unlawful intrusion into your home or garage, or your business). If it was a burglary, call our dispatch.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- Receive confirmation that the report has been submitted. It is recommended you print this confirmation.
- A member of our office will review your report and issue you a case number or contact you for further information. Please note that online reports are typically reviewed on Tuesday’s and Friday’s, with some exceptions.
- All cases filed using the Online Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Please be very detailed in your descriptions. The Placer County Sheriff’s Office is committed to assisting you. However, lack of details in the report may cause delays.
- If staff has no further questions about your report, you will receive an email with your case number. If more information is needed, an employee will contact you over email (please be sure anyone who contacts you has a
- If you have any further questions, or you obtain more information about your case, call our dispatch at 530-886-5375. Be sure to tell them that you have already filed an online report, and give them your report number (if you have been provided one).
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Acknowledge Before Proceeding
Please state that you have read the above and wish to continue:
- I acknowledge that I have read this notice and wish to continue.
- I do not acknowledge.