Temporary Cash Benefits

Placer County offers two cash assistance programs to temporarily assist residents in a time of need:

  • CalWorks - If your family has little or no cash you may be eligible to receive immediate, short-term help. Families that apply and qualify for ongoing assistance receive temporary assistance each month to help pay for housing, food and other necessary expenses, and receive help finding a job.
  • General Relief - If you are a single adult with little or no cash and need assistance to pay for housing, food, or utilities, you may be eligible to receive short-term help through this program. General Relief benefits are only available to Placer County residents.