Medical Care Services Program
Due to the public health emergency declaration on COVID-19/Coronavirus our offices are offering limited services to the public Monday thru Friday from 1pm to 5pm.
For the safety of our customers and employees all inquiries, questions, and applications should be made via www.mybenefitscalwin.org, or through our call center by dialing 1-888-385-5160, or via mail at P.O. Box 20400, Auburn CA 95604
For more information on Placer County’s response to the COVID-19/Coronavirus please see the following page https://www.placer.ca.gov/coronavirus
The Medical Care Services Program (MCSP) is a County-based program that offers health care to single or married adults between the age of 21 and 64 with no children, and who are not eligible for Medi-Cal. This program determines eligibility, authorizes care, performs case management, processes and pays medical claims and submits required reports to the State.
The information on this page is for reference only. Speak to a staff person for the most up-to-date information.
You may be eligible for MCSP if you:
- Are age 21 to 64
- Are either a legal U.S. citizen or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence or permanently living in the United states Under Color of Law
- Are not eligible for Medi-Cal and do not have other health insurance
- Have an income below 100% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
- Live in Placer County
|Household Size||138% Federal Poverty Level|
|For each additional person, add:||$6,183|
The Medical Care Services Program (MCSP) is administered by the Placer County Department of Human Services. You may apply for the program in person. This program provides eligible applicants with a certificate of eligibility that may be used for services at participating pharmacies, hospitals, and doctors’ offices.
To apply for MCSP benefits, you must visit one of the following offices. You will be asked to complete application forms and have an interview with a program specialist. The offices you can visit include:
To expedite your application you may wish to bring with you the following items of verification if applicable:
- Income verification such as checking and savings account statements
- A picture identification card
- Property verification
- Rent and utility receipts
- Social Security card
- Vehicle registration
- I am eligible for Medi-Cal, but haven't applied yet. Can I use Medical Care Services Program (MCSP) instead?
- I think I am disabled, and I've applied for Medi-Cal and SSI but am waiting to be approved. May I apply for MCSP now in case Medi-Cal or SSI denies my application?
- Does MCSP pay medical bills while litigation is pending?