The Auditor-Controller is the chief accounting officer that oversees the financial operation of Placer County. The office is elected by voters to provide accounting, budgeting, and financial services to the public, county agencies, school districts, special districts and cities as defined under Government Code.
We maintain the financial integrity of the county by providing clear, accurate and responsive accounting and auditing services to county departments, special districts and the citizens of Placer County.
Certificate of Achievement
The Placer County Auditor-Controller’s Office has received the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association each year since 2001.
The Certificate of Achievement is a premier benchmark for measuring excellence in government accounting and financial reporting. Annual reports are judged each year by an impartial panel that looks for a spirit of transparency and commitment to full disclosure.
- Current Unclaimed Warrants List (PDF)
- Vendor Tax Forms (W-9 and CA 590) (PDF)
- Accounting Standards and Procedures for Counties (ASP) — 2018 Edition (PDF)
- Special Districts Uniform Accounting and Reporting Procedures (SPD) — December 2018 Edition (PDF)
- OMB Supercircular 2 CFR Part 200 (effective 12/26/14) (formerly A-87) (PDF)
- Handbook of Cost Plan Procedures for California Counties (PDF)