Juvenile Probation Referrals
Initial Probation Meeting
- The Probation Officer will review and explain terms and conditions of probation imposed by the Judge.
- Referrals are made to educational programs, counseling and/or Juvenile Work Project.
- Expectations of probation are communicated to the minor and parent.
- Phone numbers, addresses, and daily schedules are verified.
- Community Service
- Educational Class
- Family Advocate
- Family Support Counselor
- Functional Family Therapy (FFT)
- Juvenile Work Project
- Kaleidoscope Employment Youth Services (KEYS)
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Therapeutic Behavioral Services (TBS)
- Transition to Independence Program (TILP)
- Youth Advocate
- Anger Management/Violence Intervention
- Drug and Alcohol Education
- Gang Awareness
- Life Skills
- Sexual Misconduct
- Theft Education
- Youth Driving Under the Influence Program
Substance Abuse Treatment Options
- Educational Classes
- Inpatient drug treatment
- Intensive outpatient treatment
- Outpatient substance abuse counseling
- Self-help groups
- Family Support Counselor - Behavioral support and intervention services in the home, at school, and in the community to mitigate the minor’s behavioral issues.
- Functional Family Therapy (FFT) - Short term family therapy in the families home.
- Therapeutic Behavioral Service (TBS) - Provides short term one-to-one assistance to minors who have behaviors such as tantrums, assaultive behavior or destruction of property
- Family Advocate - A peer professional who has personal experience as a primary caregiver of a child who has utilized one or more services: Mental Health, Social Services, Special Education, Juvenile Justice.
- Mentor - Mentor provides mentoring services for at risk youth up to age 22.
- Youth Advocate - Education and support for young adults to advocate for themselves, education about different systems, services and placements, peer to peer mentoring.
Employment / Transitioning to Adulthood Programs
- Community Service - Donated hours at a non-profit organization for the benefit of the public.
- Kaleidoscope Employment Youth Services (KEYS) - Career assessments and job explorations, interviewing techniques, resume development and application preparation.
- Transitional to Independent Living Program (TILP) - Individualized Services and workshops to teaches young people skills they need to become self sufficient.
- Transition to Independence Program (TIP) - Youth receive assistance to make successful transition into adulthood by setting and achieving personal goals related to employment and career, educational opportunities, living situation, well-being and community life functioning.