Lost & Found Pets
Finding Lost Pets
- At the local animal shelter:
- Fill out a lost report
- Post a lost flyer
- Check the Found Book, Injured Report, and the DOA Report at the shelter
- Contact the veterinarians in the area you lost your pet to see if your pet is there.
- We post all incoming stray animals at this site.
- Post flyers with your pet’s picture where your pet was lost.
- Ask neighbors or go door-to-door where your pet was lost.
- Post your lost pet on Craigslist, Petfinder, and Petharbor.
- Check with surrounding shelters to see if your pet was taken to a nearby shelter.
- Place an ad in the lost section of your local paper and note where you lost your pet.
- Sacramento Bee Phone: 916-321-1234
- Gold Country Media Phone: 530-885-5656
Find Lost Dogs
Find dogs that have been lost or are strays in Placer County.Link to page
Find Lost Cats
View a list of stray or found cats.Link to page
Find Lost Other
See other lost animals.Link to page
Find Lost Animals in Eastern Placer County
For information on lost and found animals, contact the Town of Truckee’s Animal Services.Link to page
All Found Dogs
All Found Cats