Auburn Ravine Force Main Replacement
Replacing an aged 12-inch diameter asbestos cement pipe that conveys wastewater from the Auburn Ravine Lift Station to a gravity manhole on the State Route 49 trunk sewer line via Auburn Ravine Road and Marguerite Mine Road. The pipe is proposed to be installed using open trench construction entirely within the existing paved roadway right-of-way. Horizontal directional drilling would be used to cross under two creeks, and open trench excavation with a bypass to cross under a third creek, all which cross Auburn Ravine Road.
A Mitigated Negative Declaration (MND) has been proposed and will be available for public review beginning November 25, 2019 and ending December 26, 2019 (see Notice of Intent for details), at the following locations:
- Link to MND for Auburn Ravine Force Main Replacement
- Placer County Department of Public Works and Facilities at 3091 County Center Drive in Auburn
Bell Road Lift Station Improvements
- Replacing pumps, rails, receivers and control panel
- This $160,000 project will take place in the summer and fall of 2018
Sylvan Glen Lift Station Improvements
- Replacing pumps, valves and control panel
- Acquiring easement on adjacent properties will increase the size of the existing easement and create pull-through capability and access on the shallow slope.
- This $1.4 million construction project will take place in the spring and summer of 2018.
Sewer Maintenance District 1 Post Plant Improvements
- Constructing a vactor dump station, fencing and a gate, and installing lighting
- Current estimated cost is $350,000
- Work to be completed in summer 2018
Airport Lift Station Improvements
- Project will replace pumps, rails, receivers, discharge piping and valves, control panel, generator, and lids with fall protection
- Sealing the emergency storage tank will stop infiltration and correct drainage issues
- Cost is currently estimated at $1.1 million
Olive Grove Lift Station Improvements
- Project will replace pumps and rails
- Cost is currently estimated at $110,000
Petite Creek Lift Station Improvements
Project included installing an emergency storage tank, generator, pumps, discharge piping, control panels, and a building. The $600,000 project was completed in May 2017.
Union Hall Lift Station Abandonment
Project included installing new gravity sewer line and abandoning the existing lift station. The $185,000 project was completed in August 2017.
Auburn Jail Lift Station Improvements Project
Renovation of the Auburn Jail Lift Station (AJLS) was done to comply with current County design standards, along with local, state and federal regulations, and to provide a reliable lift station to accommodate the unique wastewater characteristics coming from the jail.
Applegate Wastewater Treatment Plant Closure & Pipeline Project (2013 to 2013)
Installed a pump station and pipeline to convey Applegate's wastewater to the existing sewer collection system that conveys wastewater to the SMD 1 WWTP on Joeger Road in North Auburn. The treatment ponds at the Applegate Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) are no longer in use and are expected to be decommissioned in 2014.
Auburn Ravine Lift Station Upgrade
Upgraded the Auburn Ravine Lift Station in order to meet the current peak wet weather wastewater flow volumes and accommodated the wastewater generated in the lift station's service area due to planned growth identified in the Placer County General Plan.
Dry Creek Isolation Valves Installation
Increased the number of isolation valves to increase efficiency of system maintenance and minimize the potential for sewage spills.
Highway 49 Siphon Repair Project
Restoration of a segment of pipe along the Highway 49 sewer trunk pipeline will address deterioration that was identified by Environmental Utilities staff during routine inspections. For more detail, please visit our Highway 49 Siphon Repair Project.
Sewer Maintenance District 2 (Granite Bay Area) Trenchless Pipe Repairs
Repaired 2,000 linear feet of pipeline using pipe lining technologies.
Sewer Maintenance District 3 Regional Sewer Project
The project will abandon the existing Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP), construct a new pump station, and construct a new pipeline to convey wastewater from the WWTP to the City of Roseville’s Dry Creek WWTP. For more detail, please visit our SMD3 Regional Sewer Project Page.
Denitrification Treatment Process: Sewer Maintenance District 3 (Horseshoe Bar Road Area)
Helped meet State Discharge Permit requirements regarding final nitrate effluent limits.
Sheridan Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade & Expansion
Increased the capacity of the wastewater treatment plant by expanding the spray field operation, and increased system automation to minimize operational costs.
Saddleback Lift Station Improvements Project
Renovation of the Saddleback Lift Station (SBLS) will be done to meet the capacity needs for the Saddleback subdivision at buildout and to accommodate the high inflow and infiltration that occurs during the winter months. For more detail, please visit our SBLS Improvements Project Page.