The Role of the Public Information Office Team is to improve the visibility of the District; promote the positive activities of the District; provide support and resources regarding the District’s mission.
Spare the Air Day
The District takes part in the Region’s Spare the Air program in order to combat air pollution during the summer, the season when clear skies, hot temperatures, lighter winds, and a strong temperature inversion work to generate unhealthy levels of ground level ozone within the Sacrament Valley Air Basin. View the Spare The Air Brochure (PDF).
Online Information & Bill Pay
The District has made significant improvement of online accessibility to general information, forms, permitting and other regulation requirements, as well as bill pay. Visit the Online Payment page.
- Reduces emissions by reducing need for travel with online access to information
- Increases productivity and efficiency by streamlining the internal billing process
District Goal Achievement
- Goal 1: Achieve and maintain air quality standards for public health and environmental protection
- Goal 2: Promote climate action/energy conservation strategies
- Goal 3: Enhance public and community relations and Promote Environmental Justice