Pay Transient Occupancy Tax
Pursuant to the Placer County Health Officer’s guidance on March 24, 2020, short-term rental owners should immediately discontinue renting units and must comply with the Governor’s Executive Order to help our community stem the spread of the novel coronavirus. The Governor’s March 19, 2020 Executive Order (N-33-20) and Placer County Health Officer’s corresponding guidance require that short-term rentals cease all commercial operations with exceptions for COVID-19 essential workers. The only allowable operations are:
- To provide COVID-19 mitigation and containment measures (for example, isolation and quarantine or the housing of displaced persons or the homeless);
- To provide housing for essential critical infrastructure workers; and
- For use by the property owner and his/her immediate family members.
Travel to short-term rentals is not considered essential travel.
In circumstances where a short-term vacation rental unit (as defined in the Placer County Code) is rented or used for reasons other than the three identified exceptions above, Code Compliance will be issuing misdemeanor or administrative citations to non-compliant owners, property managers, and occupants, with fines of $500 per day for initial violations and $1,000 per day for subsequent violations. For more severe infractions, Code Compliance may also refer this matter to local law enforcement, or may revoke, suspend or deny the applicable short-term vacation rental permit.
Please call 530-448-8003 to report any concerns about short-term rentals in relation to the Governor’s order.
Thank you for your consideration.
Revenue Services must receive both worksheet and payment to credit your account correctly. Any item returned by your bank may result in an additional fee of $65 being charged to you per Placer County Ordinance 5527-B.
Make an online payment using a debit or credit card (Discover, MasterCard, VISA and American Express accepted), or an electronic fund transfer (EFT). For processing the payment transaction, you will be informed of any charges and fees before you authorize payment. The fee is non-refundable. See fee table:
- Credit Card payments: $1 or 2.25% per transaction
- Debit Card payments: $3.49 per transaction
- Electronic Fund Transfer payments: $0.75 per transaction
Avoid Online Payment Fees
- Pay by mail: Make check, cashier's check or, money order payable to Placer County Revenue Services and include your account number
- Sign up for automatic payments
Sign Up for Automatic Payment
If you would like to sign up for an automatic payment for the amount of taxes due, submit a one-time authorization form (PDF) and voided check to Revenue Services. When you submit each new worksheet (PDF), check the authorization box.
You can submit the worksheet online, by mail, fax or email.
- Individual Homeowners: Mail this tax worksheet (PDF) and any payment due on or before the due date.
- Management Companies: Mail this tax worksheet (XLS) and any payment due on or before the due date.
Mac Users Filling out Worksheets
Please use Adobe Reader/ Professional to fill these PDF forms. Do not use PDF Preview. Preview causes incomplete information to be submitted and shows up as blank fields.