Sand & Sandbag Locations
If you live within the city limits, contact your city for information about sand and sandbags.
Sandbagging Techniques Video
City Sandbag Locations
Check City of Auburn's website for changes
- School Park Preserve Parking Lot, 55 College Way
- Limit 10 bags per resident
- Questions: Please call 530-823-4211 (or 530-823-4237 after-hours)
Currently only offering sand. Bags will be put out should a storm event arise. Check City of Lincoln's website for changes.
- Lincoln Library, 485 Twelve Bridges Dr.
- Joiner Park, 1701 Nicolaus Rd.
- McBean Park, 17 McBean Park Dr. (by the skate park)
Visit the City of Rocklin website for sandbag information.
Visit the City of Roseville website for sandbag information.
Unincorporated Sandbag Areas
Below is a list of locations in unincorporated areas for sand and sand bags. These sandbags are to be distributed, as available, for resident use only to protect their house and property, when the National Weather Service has forecast for severe flooding in Placer County, or as determined by the Placer County Office of Emergency Services.
- CAL FIRE Station 33, 33752 Alta Forestry Road
- Placer County Fire Station 180, 11645 Atwood Road - Access from 1st Street, directly across from County fuel station
- Foresthill Fire Protection District Station 90, 20540 Foresthill Road
- South Placer Fire Station 17, 6900 Eureka Road
- North Tahoe Fire: Station 53, 5425 West Lake Blvd
- North Tahoe Fire Station 52, 288 North Shore Blvd (Intersection of Highways 267 & 28)
- Town of Loomis Corp Yard, Corner of Rippey Road and Mandarin Court
- Placer Hills Fire Station 84, 16999 Placer Hills Road
- Northstar Community Services District Corp Yard, 50 Trimont Lane (off of Northstar Drive)
- Placer County Fire Station 182, 9305 Wise Road (corner of Wise Road and Crater Hill)
- Placer County Fire Station 75, 5390 Nicolaus Road
Roseville - Dry Creek Community
- Placer County Fire Station 100, 8350 Cook Riolo Road
- Placer County Fire Station 78, 4952 Riosa Road
- Old Squaw Valley Fire Station, 1810 Squaw Valley Road (at west end of valley, near lifts)
- Department of Public Works Corp Yard, 2501 North Lake Blvd (Burton Creek)