The Placer County Air Pollution Control District has established a policy to make the following federal holidays during the Burn Season "No Burn Days," in accordance with the burn rules in District Regulation 3.
Many family and recreational activities take place on holidays. Smoke and odors from burning on these days could potentially have a negative effect on those observing the holiday at home. For that reason, and in the best interest of the public, the following holidays, including those that fall on a weekend and are observed on a Monday or Friday, will be "No Burn Days" in Placer County.
- January 1st - New Year's Day
- January 16th - Martin Luther King, Jr. - Third Monday in January (Observed)
- February 20th - President's Day - Third Monday in February (Observed)
- May 29th - Memorial Day - Last Monday in May (Observed)
- July 4th - Independence Day
- September 4th - Labor Day - First Monday in September (Observed)
- October 9th - Columbus Day - 2nd Monday in October (Observed)
- November 11th - Veteran's Day
- November 23rd - Thanksgiving Day - Fourth Thursday in November
- December 25th - Christmas Day